Children in Florida have a new interactive resource to learn about dairy foods and the state’s dairy farming industry. Dairy 101 is a free, educational kit developed by the Dairy Council of Florida that uses videos, activity sheets and games to teach children about the health benefits of milk, and how dairy products get “From the Farm to the Fridge.”
According to the Florida Department of Education, the Dairy 101 materials meet more than 32 Sunshine State Standards for elementary and middle school students, including math, science, language arts and social studies. Dairy 101 contains materials in English and Spanish including:
- Farm-to-Fridge video
- SunnyBell “Moo”sical video
- Bulletin board elements
- Farming production information packets
- Activity sheets
Lesson Plans included:
- From the Farm to the Fridge
- SunnyBell & the Florida Dairy “Moo”sical (English)
- SunnyBell & the Florida Dairy “Moo”sical (Spanish)
- SunnyBell Presents: Breakfast is Brain Food
- SunnyBell Presents: Stay Healthy with Milk
- SunnyBell Presents: Get Your Exercise
Activity sheets included:
- Connect the Dots
- Cow Puzzler Crossword
- Dairy-licious Delights (Kid-Friendly Recipes)
- Dairy Science Experiment
- Florida Dairy Breeds
- Healthy Choices For MyPlate
- Milk: More than a Mustache (9 Essential Nutrients)
- Milk Search & Yogurt Word Scramble
- “My Day at the Dairy Farm” Word Game
- SunnyBell Coloring Sheets
- SunnyBell Mask Craft
- Types of Cheese
If you’re an educator in the state of Florida with a class of 25 or more students, fill out the form below to request your FREE hard copy of the Dairy 101 kit. Please allow two weeks to receive your kit.
If you’re not a Florida resident, all materials in the kit are available for download on the links above.
We’d love to hear your feedback about the value of the Dairy 101 resource kit. Please take a few minutes and complete this evaluation form.
If you have any questions contact Kim Freeman at 1-800-516-4443 or firstname.lastname@example.org.