Boozy Hazelnut Frozen Hot Chocolate
Yield: 2 Servings
Preparation time 10 minutes
- 1.5 cups Milk (Use Whole Milk for extra creamy consistency)
- 3 oz Hazelnut liqueur
- 3 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 3/4 oz Orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Non-Fat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 tablespoon Ghirardelli Hot Cocoa Powder
- 1 oz Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 oz Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate bar
- Pinch Salt
- 4 cups Ice
- Whipped Cream (see recipe below)
- Shavings Ghirardelli Chocolate Bar
- Roasted Whole Hazelnuts
- Prepare homemade whipped cream (see recipe below), cover with plastic wrap and hold in refrigerator until drink is ready to be served.
- Combine sugar, dry milk powder, cocoa powder and salt in small bowl and stir to combine.
- Place chocolate pieces in a microwave safe bowl and melt in 15 seconds increments, stirring each time, until completely melted.
- Add the dry ingredients to the melted chocolate and stir to mix.
- Slowly add ½ cup of milk and stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour liqueurs, remaining cup of milk, room temperature melted chocolate mixture and ice in blender.
- Blend on high to achieve your desired consistency. Think of a frozen daiquiri or frappe consistency.
- Use a vegetable peeler with long strokes along the edge of the chocolate bar to create chocolate shavings for garnish.
- Pour frozen drink into a giant goblet, large mason jar, or mug and top with a large dollop of whipped cream, chocolate shavings and roasted hazelnuts.
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream, extra chilled
- 3 tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine cream and vanilla in a chilled bowl.
- Using an electric mixer with whisk attachment, whip the cream mixture on medium speed, and slowly add sugar until cream holds soft peaks.
- Dollop on top of your frosty beverage and enjoy!
This recipe is by: Christina Thomas from Go Epicurista