Six Step Milestones
There are Six Steps to help you implement Fuel Up to Play 60 in your school. You can follow them in order – or you can start anywhere that makes sense for your school. These steps allow you to gain support for your program through students, administrators and other members of your community as well as get you started on making healthy changes!
Schools that complete all Six Steps this school year will be considered a Fuel Up to Play 60 Touchdown School and eligible for many fun prizes!
Steps 1-3: First Down
Steps 4-5: Field Goal
Step 6 (and have at least one Student Ambassador): Touchdown
The Six Steps
Join the League
- Sign up on www.fueluptoplay60.com.
- Find your school on the Dashboard.
- Check the box to become a program advisor.
Build Teams and Draft Players
- Encourage students to sign up and take the pledge.
- Draft a core student team to help make decisions and implement the program.
- Gain support of parents, administrators, and teachers in your school. Click here to see Who Can Help and How.
- Host a school-wide event to introduce Fuel Up to Play 60 and get everyone excited about eating healthy and getting 60 minutes of physical activity each day.
Survey the Field
- Complete the School Wellness Investigation with your core team and other students.
- You will get a sense of where you are so you will know what you need to do to improve your school’s health initiatives.
- Pick at least one healthy eating play and one physical activity play.
- Choose plays that promote all of the food groups: dairy, whole grains, fruits and vegetables and fit your school’s needs.
Light Up the Scoreboard