DIY Caramel Latte
- 12 ounces espresso brewed coffee
- 6 cups milk
- 12 tablespoons caramel flavoring syrup (recipe follows)*
- Ingredients for the caramel flavoring syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons jarred caramel sauce
For the caramel syrup:
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, place the sugar, water, and caramel sauce.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Allow to cool slightly and pour into a glass container for storage. Store any unused portion in the refrigerator.
To assemble each latte:
- Combine 2 ounces espresso coffee with ½ cup milk and 2 tablespoons syrup.
- Garnish with whipped cream and caramel drizzle.