DIY Vanilla Spice Latte
For the latte:
- 12 ounces espresso brewed coffee
- 6 cups milk
- 12 tablespoons vanilla spice flavoring syrup (recipe follows)
Vanilla spice flavoring syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
For the flavoring syrup:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar into the water and stir in the vanilla and spices.
- Allow to cool slightly and pour into a glass container for storage.
- Store any unused in the refrigerator.
To make Vanilla spice lattes:
- Combine 2 ounces espresso coffee with ½ cup milk and 2 tablespoons syrup.
- Top with cinnamon, grated nutmeg and whipped cream for garnish.