Cheddar, Apple & Sweet Onion Wraps with Greek Yogurt “Mayo”
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, sliced thin
- ½ small sweet onion (such as Vidalia), sliced thin
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese, thin
- 4 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 2 large tortillas
- 1 teaspoon butter
In a skillet over medium high heat, caramelize the onions in 1 teaspoon butter. Stir frequently until the onions are soft and caramel colored (about 15 minutes). In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spread mixture over tortilla(s) and place cheese on top. Next, add the warm onions, apples and another portion of cheese. Roll up and secure with a toothpick if necessary.
Note: Using a mandolin to ensure paper thin slices of apples helps to make wrap roll best.