Fueling Head to Toe patch program teaches scouts the importance of a healthy lifestyle, one that includes regular physical activity, and proper nutrition. The farm families of Florida Dairy Farmers, Cabot Creamery Co-operative, and the New England Dairy & Food Council invite you to learn, explore and grow with the World of Dairy.
Activities included in this FREE scout program include:
- Taking a virtual dairy farm tour and scavenger hunt to learn all about cows and farming.
- Explore how dairy farmers are helping care for the planet with the way they farm.
- Discover and create delicious nutritious dairy recipes.
- Enjoy many more interactive activities and videos.
Our goals for the program include teaching young people:
- How eating food from a variety of food groups leads to a healthy diet and a healthy body.
- Why dairy is an important part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- How dairy products get from the dairy farm to their table.
- The importance of exercise in maintaining a healthy body and lifestyle.
Because exercise and a healthy diet are vitally important to youth, we encourage your group to complete all of the activities in this booklet. We hope this program will stimulate a continuing interest in learning more about the importance of diet and exercise for a healthy lifestyle.