Chile Con Queso Dip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup peeled and seeded diced tomato (canned or fresh)
- 1 diced Anaheim pepper (or 1 cup canned diced green chiles)
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 4 ounces Queso Fresco, (cream cheese may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 4 ounces shredded Colby cheese
- Fresh black pepper, salt to taste.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, and peppers and allow to cook until tender.
- Stir in the cheeses, and stir until melted.
- Add the milk and pepper, salt to taste.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or over tacos.