Recipe by Florida Dairy Farmer's own Diahann Smith.
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 piece of turmeric thinly sliced, about 1 tablespoon, or 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric
- 1 piece of ginger about 1/2 tablespoon, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Ground cinnamon (to serve)
- Over low heat in a small saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have combined, about 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a cup and cover with a pinch of ground cinnamon.