Chocolate Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, unsalted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups real chocolate milk
- Syrup, if desired
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Pair each serving with 8-ounce glass of real milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, egg, and melted butter.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together flour, baking pwoder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and spices.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixtures and add the chocolate milk. Stir until just combined. Mixture should be thick, but prouable. If it is too think (not pourable), then add more chocolate milk by the 1/4 cup.
- On a greased or buttered griddle over medium-low heat, add 1/3 cup of batter. Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes on the first side until bubbles start to form on the pancake and the edges start to firm up. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes on the second side.