Milk Atole with Pears and Cinnamon
- 4 cups of Florida Milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 tablespoons of pear jam or cooked pear puree
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of water
- Add the fresh milk to a pot. Incorporate a cinnamon stick.
- Add the pear jam and stir. Place on the stove and cook until the milk reaches its first boil.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in water and add to the mix.
- Stir continuously until the milk becomes thick. When that happens, the atole is ready to serve. Garnish with powdered cinnamon (optional)
Use 2% dairy milk. If opting for pear puree, use honey or your preferred sweetener. Pair the atole with pastries or other breakfast options.