Recipe by Diahann Smith @DiahannCooks.
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line three cookie sheets with a Silpat, parchment paper or use nonstick spray.
- On medium speed, cream butter and shortening, slowly add sugar. Add almond extract.
- On medium low, add flour by the spoonful until well incorporated
- Add chopped almonds.
- Use small scoop to measure dough, roll into balls and make indent with your thumb or finger to create a nest.
- Bake for about 12 - 13 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cookies edges might crack.
- Remove from oven and cool for one to two minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar