Air Fryer Cheese & Guava Quesitos
- 1 package of puff pastry sheets, thawed (17.3 oz)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ block of guava paste (optional)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp cold water
Honey Glaze (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F for about 5 minutes
- Prepare the egg wash in a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water, set aside
- Prepare the optional glaze by combining the honey and water, bring to a simmer in a pan for about a minute and set aside.
- Place puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut the sheets into 9 squares and further spread out with a roller. Cut each square in half after rolling.
- Take a slice about 2 tbsp. of cream cheese, dip in powdered sugar, place in the middle of the pastry dough diagonally. Add optional guava paste about 1 tbsp.
- Brush a thin layer of egg wash onto the short sides of the puff pastry and join the two edges together, then fold the other ends over the top of cream cheese.
- Brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Place in air fryer about an inch apart and bake at 400°F for about 10 – 12 minutes or until they are a golden color and look dry, not glossy.
- Let them cool for a few minutes on a wire rack then brush a thin layer of the honey glaze and or dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.
- Enjoy with a tall glass of Florida milk or a warm cup of coffee.
Notes: If you prefer to bake them in a conventional oven, bake for 15-20 minutes at 400°F, or until golden color and look dry, not glossy. Make some with just cheese or guava and some with both.