Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
5 + chilling
15 + chilling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup lightly toasted sweetened coconut shreds divided
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F and toast coconut on ungreased baking sheet for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a blender, mix all the ingredients except the grated coconut. Transfer the mixture to the ice cream maker and freeze according to the machine's instructions.
- When you are almost done, add 1 cup of toasted coconut to the ice cream. Transfer to an airtight container. Sprinkle with the remaining toasted coconut. Freeze until firm, 4-6 hours.