Cheese-Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Recipe created by 3-Every-Day™ of Dairy
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons corn meal
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese (1 ounce each)
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 4 thick slices red onion
- Arugula or lettuce
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Mix turkey, corn meal, egg substitute, seasoned salt, and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- Divide mixture evenly into 8 patties.
- Top four patties with a slice of cheese and cover with remaining 4 patties.
- Press edges together to seal in cheese.
- Grill burgers over medium-hot coals for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Mix yogurt and salsa together in a small bowl.
- Place a burger on each bun and top with onion, arugula, and salsa mixture.
Yield: 1 burger, per serving