Creamy Corn Bisque with Cheddar and Bacon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups milk (whole or low fat)
- ½ cup half and half
- 4 ears corn, cooked and kernels removed from cob
- (Optional 1 can salt free corn)
- One medium potato, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Chives, to garnish
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the corn, potatoes and onion and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add the flour to make a roux (paste)
- Slowly add the milk, and half and half while stirring constantly
- Continue to cook until soup thickens
- Stir in the cheese and bacon.
- Spoon into bowls and top with additional cheddar and chives for garnish.