Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Recipe by Bianca Dottin
- 4 Medium Sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Pecan chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap each sweet potato in foil.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cut each potato in half.
- Scoop out the inside of each potato and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the softened cream cheese and brown sugar to the bowl.
- Mix with a hand or stand mixer on low. Be careful not to overmix.
- Scoop the mixture into the sweet potato boats.
- Bake potatoes at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream topping and pecans.
- Combine the heavy whipping cream, cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until the cream is a whipped cream consistency, about 6-7 minutes.