Potatoes Au Gratin
Recipe written and created by Chef Chris Valdes.
- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes thinly sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1 ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Cheese Blend cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. White Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Truffle oil
- Non-stick Spay
- ¼ cup sliced Chives
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut potatoes in paper-thin slice rounds and place in water to rest while you make the sauce to prevent browning of the potatoes.
- In a medium non-stick pot, bring heavy cream to a simmer add the Mexican cheese blend, half of the Parmesan cheese and garlic.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Whisk until fully melted, creamy and smooth.
- Add the truffle oil.
- Spray a 6 qt. casserole dish with non-stick spray and place half of the sliced potatoes in layers, add half of the cheese mixture and layer the rest of the potatoes, add the remaining cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and Mexican Cheese blend.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until fork tender and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with sliced chives. Serve warm.