Colorfully Eerie Halloween Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups chocolate milk
- 1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
- ¼ cup butter - melted and brought back to room temperature
- green gel food coloring
- orange gel food coloring
- black gel food coloring
- purple gel food coloring
- In a large bowl combine all your dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate medium bowl combine all your wet ingredients: eggs, chocolate milk, greek yogurt, melted butter, and vanilla. Whisk well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Add small amounts of chocolate milk if needed to make the batter thinner. I used exactly 1 ½ cups of chocolate milk.
- Divide batter into four bowls. I found the easiest way to do this was with a 1 cup measuring cup. I put approx 1 cup of pancake batter into each bowl.
- Add gel food coloring to each bowl. Start with a small amount, you can always add more. Mix well until you have achieved your desired Halloween color.
- Heat griddle to medium-low heat, approx 250 degrees.
- Pour the desired amount of batter onto the griddle - I got 2-3 pancakes per color - but it really depends on how big you make your pancakes. If you are using a ladle, be sure to do one color at a time or clean the spoon after each color.
- Cook pancakes, approx 1 - 1 ½ minutes per side depending on the size of your pancakes.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of chocolate milk, the official drink of Halloween!
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Top with candy eyes, sprinkles, and/or whipped topping for an extra special treat.