Greek Yogurt Bagels
- 1 cup flour*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 egg
- Topping ideas: dried onions, poppyseeds, sesame seed, salt, everything bagel
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Add Greek yogurt and blend until lump dough forms.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts, 8 parts for mini bagels.
- Grab the first chunk of dough and roll it around using your hands, pressing it together to compact it. Then poke a hole in the center and gently squeeze the dough all the way around to enlarge the circle.
- Place the bagel-shaped dough onto a lined lightly floured baking pan. Repeat until all bagels are formed and placed onto the baking sheet, leaving space between each so they have room to expand.
- In a small bowl or cup, beat the egg then brush it onto each bagel. Add your toppings.
- Bake on the upper rack at 400F for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for about 5 minutes before cutting. Toast and add toppings as desired
You may want to double the recipe, as these bagles are always a big hit!
*For gulten-free bagles, use 1/2 cup of gluten free flour and 1/2 almond flour.