Potato & Corn Jalapeño Soup
Makes 4-6 servings
Recipe provided by Go Bold With Butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced (about 1 ½ tablespoons) plus 8-12 thin slices of jalapeño for garnish
- 5-6 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into large dice
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and jalapeño and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes, corn, chicken stock, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with jalapeño slices and cilantro if desired.
- 5.3g Total Fat
- 1.1g Saturated Fat
- 6mg Cholesterol
- 32.7g Carbohydrates