Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
45 + chilling
Recipe written and created by Go Bold with Butter.
- 53 double cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 package (.25 ounce) powdered gelatin
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, whipped to firm peaks
- Sweetened whipped cream and sprinkles for garnish
- Place 25 cookies in bowl of a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs. Place crumbs in medium bowl and add melted butter. Stir to combine; pour crumb mixture into a 9-inch spring form pan and press into the bottom. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Place cold water in small bowl and sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand until absorbed. Microwave mixture 10 seconds or until the gelatin is liquid.
- Roughly chop 20 cookies; set aside. Beat cream cheese and sugar together on medium speed in the bowl of an electric mixer. When the mixture is fluffy, pour in liquid gelatin. Add vanilla extract and mix until well-combined. Turn the mixer to medium-low speed and gradually beat in the whipped cream a spoonful at a time. Fold in chopped cookies.
- Pour batter into prepared crust. Tap the bottom of the pan on a work surface to remove air bubbles. Cover cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- When the cheesecake is set, run a knife between the pan and the cheesecake to loosen. Remove the collar from the pan. Spoon or pipe whipped cream on top of the cheesecake. Break the remaining cookies in half and line cookie halves around the top edge of the cheesecake; and add sprinkles, if desired. Refrigerate cheesecake until ready to serve.