No Churn Matcha Ice Cream
Recipe is written and created by Cristy Steward-Harfmann of the Happy Family Blog.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 4 teaspoons Matcha Green Tea powder
- 1-2 teaspoons Matcha Green Tea powder optional: for the swirls
- Place the bowl, whisk attachment and pan into the refrigerator for a couple of hours or freezer for 20-30 minutes to chill.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into the large bowl and whip the heavy cream until firm peaks.
- If you want to do the optional swirls take a tablespoon or two of the condensed milk and add 1-2 tsp of the Matcha Green Tea powder. Stir and set aside
- In a separate large bowl, pour the remaining can of sweet condensed milk with 4 tsp of Matcha Green Tea powder. Mix until well blended.
- Fold the condensed milk with Matcha into the whipped cream using a spatula, 1/3 of the mixture at a time until completely mixed.
- Optional for the Matcha green tea swirls - Drizzle the condensed milk and Matcha mixture over the whipped cream. With the end of the spoon make the swirls.
- Cover and place into the freezer for 6 hours or overnight. Then enjoy!
Recipe adapted from https://juliarecipes.com/