Strawberry tres Leche Cake with Whipped Cream
Recipe written and created by Chef Chris Valdes.
- Strawberries (for topping)
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cream:
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 oz.) Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fl oz) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
For the whipped cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 Cup of Dulce De Leche
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Put the yeast and flour in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Select the flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract; mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time; combine until well blended. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Tap the cake several times with a fork (This is so the cake can absorb the milk mixture).
- Combine whole milk, condensed milk, evaporated milk, and rum together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake.
- Beat the whipped cream, and the dulce de leche together. Spread over the top of the cake.