Recipe written and created by Chef Chris Valdes.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Cilantro Chimichurri (Recipe Follows)
- 8 – 10 slices fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 8 – 10 slices of plum Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 large bunch of Cilantro, finely chopped
- 5 Garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. of Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- For the chimichurri, add all the ingredients in a bowl and combine.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut slits across the chicken breast about three-quarters of the way, being careful not to cut all the way through. About 4 – 5 slits per chicken breast.
- In a shallow bowl, marinate the chicken with 1 cup of chimichurri and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Discard used Chimichurri.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Stuff each slit with a slice of mozzarella cheese, and a tomato slice alternating between the Mozzarella and the tomato. Repeat till each slit is stuffed.
- Place chicken on baking tray that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked in the center (165°F).
- Drizzle remaining Chimichurri sauce before serving.