- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 boxes strawberry pudding (3.5 oz each)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 oz Strawberry Gin*
- 1 8 oz container of Cool Whip – thawed in the refrigerator
- 1 pint of fresh strawberry, cleaned and sliced
- ¼ - ½ cup sugar
- 1 oz Strawberry Gin
- Whole strawberries
- White chocolate curls
- Fresh Mint
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spay 9 x 13 cake pan with non-sticking spray for baking.
- With an electric mixer, mix the cake mix, milk, eggs and oil at low speed for 30 seconds and then for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour the cake batter evenly into your cake pan. Bake according to box directions.
- In the meantime, macerate the strawberries. Clean and slice strawberries, place in a container with a lid, add the sugar and the gin in the fridge until ready to assemble the trifle. It will create a syrupy liquid.
- Whisk milk and pudding mix until the pudding begins to get thick. Add the Strawberry Gin and mix. Then fold the Cool Whip ¼ of the container at a time. Don’t mix, fold like you are adding air to make it light and fluffy. Place the frosting in the fridge to set for about an hour.
- When cake is done, cool in a wire rack before inverting. Then allow to cool completely before cutting into 2” cubes.
- To assemble the trifle, place a layer of cake cubes and follow with some of the syrup on top of the cake cubes so it absorbs it then the slices strawberry layer and then the whipped cream repeat until you have used all the ingredients.
- Decorate with whole strawberries, white chocolate curls and mint if you like.
- Serve immediately or maintain in the fridge for up to two days.
Notes: If you don’t have Strawberry Gin you can use Grand Marnier or 1 tsp orange flavored extract. If you cannot find strawberry pudding use white chocolate and make it with strawberry milk or white milk and add 3 tbsp of strawberry syrup. You can prepare the three separate elements the day before and assemble when you are ready to eat. You can also make them individually.