Broccoli Cheddar Rice
Recipe provided by Maddy and Krys of Bambina Diaries.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup jasmine ice
- Cheddar Cheese (you can add however much you want, I used ½ cup)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick butter
- Broccoli florets (you can add however much you want)
- Sauté onion and minced garlic until the onion is tender and translucent.
- Then, pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Next, pour in jasmine rice and let it simmer.
- After about 10 minutes, the rice should be nearly done and almost all of the liquid absorbed. Add butter and milk.
- Lastly, stir in the broccoli florets, cheddar cheese and a generous dose of salt and pepper.
- Cover for just a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt and the broccoli to become tender.