Creamy Mustard Chicken (Diabetes Friendly)
Recipe provided by Chef Ingrid Huffman.
- 1.5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large vidalia onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 laurel leaf
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken and brown, 3-4 minutes each side. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 12-15 minutes, until they have a jammy consistency. Add garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the milk and the mustard, until fully dissolved.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the mustard milk and laurel leaf. Bring to boil then lower to medium low and cook for 8 minutes. Add the cilantro and cook for another 2 minutes.