Maple Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
Recipe by Bold with Butter
- 4 to 4 ½ pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 canned chipotle pepper plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Zest of one orange
- Peel and quarter sweet potatoes and place in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and cooked through.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, bring cream, butter, and chipotle plus adobo sauce to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and mix with a hand-held mixer for 1 minute. Add cream mixture, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, salt and pepper, and orange zest. Mix until well-combined and creamy. Add more syrup if needed.
- Serve with a drizzle of remaining syrup if desired.