Quarterback Quesadilla with Pineapple Salsa
Recipe by Lake Gibson Middle School.
- ¼ C rotisserie chicken, cooked
- 2 tortillas
- ¼ C Mexican blend cheese
- ¼ C mozzarella cheese
- ¼ C olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp parsley
- ½ tsp cilantro
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 green onions
- 1-2 T spicy jalapeno cream cheese
- 1 C pineapple, diced
- 2 T red onion, diced
- ¼ C red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ C cilantro, chopped
- 1 T lime juice, fresh
- ¼-1/2 C cream cheese fruit dip
- In a blender, add the cilantro, parsley, garlic, lime juice, 3 T olive oil, salt and pepper and blend until it’s a puree.
- Mix ½ of the puree with the shredded chicken and set aside. Use the other ½ as a garnish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the pineapple, red onion, bell pepper, cilantro and lime juice; Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a quesadilla maker and spray with butter.
- Lay 1 tortilla on quesadilla maker. Place ½ C cheese on the tortilla to cover the whole surface.
- Add ½ C shredded green chili chicken on half of the tortilla and sprinkle with green onions; Fold in half.
- Cook on each side for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut each quesadilla into 3rds and garnish with pineapple salsa, fresh lime and green chili sauce.
Serving Instructions: Serve immediately.