Corn and Jalapeño Chowder with Cheddar Cheese
- 3 cups milk (whole or low fat)
- 3 cups corn kernels
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small potato, diced into ½ “cubes (precooked or canned)
- 1 small onion, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onion, potato, corn, and jalapeño.
- Sauté until tender (5-8 min).
- Stir in the flour to make a paste with pan juices and butter.
- Add the chicken broth, salt, pepper, parsley, 1 cup of the cheese and milk and continue to cook until soup thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese to garnish.
Serve with our Homemade Cheddar and Pepper Biscuits!