Cranberry Pecan Eggnog Quick Bread
Recipe written and created by Heather McPherson.
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup bottled or from-scratch Eggnog
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 2/3 cups buttermilk baking mix, such as Bisquick
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease the bottom of a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan. Cut a piece of parchment paper to line the bottom of pan.
- Combine Craisins, sugar, Eggnog, oil, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in baking mix and nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely on the wire rack. Slice 12 pieces and then slice those pieces in half.
Test Kitchen notes
- When baking, batter should fill half of an 8-inch loaf pan, or three-quarters of a 9-inch loaf pan.
- If using a glass or a dark metal loaf pan, reduce the temperature indicated in the recipe by 25F. If baking more than one pan in the oven, make sure that pans are at least 2 inches away from each other and from the oven sides.
- If you like to place your pans on baking sheet to catch any unexpected drips, be sure to preheat the baking sheet.
- Quick breads can be wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated up to 10 days. To freeze, place the wrapped breads in a freezer-quality sealable plastic bag and freeze for up to 2 months.