- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups Harina P.A.N
- 1 teaspoon corn oil
- In a medium bowl add milk, water and salt until the salt is dissolved.
- Slowly add the Harina P.A.N. Mix with your hands, making circular movements and breaking with your finger the lumps that may form. Let rest 5 minutes (to thicken).
- Preheat a non-stick pan or griddle.
- Add the oil to the dough and work it in with your hands for 2 minutes. The dough should be firm enough to hold its shape without cracking when molded. If it is too soft add a little more of Harina P.A.N; if too hard add a little more milk or water.
- Form balls and flatten them gently until they’re about 1/2-inch thick discs.
- Cook the arepas on a non-stick pan on low heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until lightly golden brown.
Stuff with cheese, shredded meat, chicken, ham, eggs and more. ¡Delicioso!