Three Cheese Potato Souffle
Recipe written and created by Florida Dairy Farmer's Diahann Smith.
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cabot Alpine Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs, separated
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, milk, cheeses, onions, salt and pepper. Beat egg yolks; stir into potato mixture. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into potato mixture.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. soufflé dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until golden. It will settle a little once you take it out of the oven. Serve immediately.