Mini Football Crescent Pizzas
Recipe by Alekas Get Together.
- 1 sheet crescent dough
- 6 oz. pizza sauce
- 2-3 sticks mozzarella string cheese
- Italian seasoning (*optional)
- pepperoni (*optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly flour cutting board and unroll cold crescent dough. Cut out 9-12 mini footballs using football cookie cutter.
- Place footballs on baking sheet and spread a spoonful of sauce over each football. Spread to edges leaving a slight border. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut mozzarella cheese into 9-12 (2-3") strips and 63-108 mini ½" strips. (Get your kids to help with this!)The mini strips are for the vertical laces. Each football should get 7-9 laces.
- When pizzas are slightly cooled, add 7-9 vertical strips evenly spaced apart onto each football. Top with one long horizontal strip.
- Place back in the oven for 1-2 minutes. Serve hot!
- Keep your crescent dough as COLD as possible! Working with cold dough will make it much easier to cut and transfer.
- Make sure you bake your dough first. If you skip this step, your cheese will burn and crust will be undercooked.
- Cut your laces long enough so they look like laces when melted.
- Make the vertical laces shorter on the ends to look more realistic.
- Cut your pepperoni into mini circles using a piping tip and add them to the sauce if you prefer.
- Add cheese underneath the pizza sauce if your kids love more cheese.