Kid-Friendly Halloween Milkshake Bar
Recipe by Alekas Get Together.
- 3-4 scoops ice cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Make your whipped cream by adding heavy cream and powdered sugar to a mixer. Mix on high speed for 1-2 minutes or until the cream thickened and stiff peaks have formed. Do not overmix or it will turn into butter!
- Add your ice cream and milk to a blender along with mix-ins of choice and blend until smooth, thick and creamy. Add more ice cream if it's too thin and more milk if it's too thick to pour.
- Pour into a tall glass and pipe whipped cream over top or scoop a dollop with a spoon. Garnish with desired toppings and serve!
- Store your ice cream in a bowl over ice to keep it nice and cold.
- Scoop the ice cream for your kids if they're too young then allow them to add any mix-ins they wish. Then blend for them.
- Make your own whipped cream if you can and add it to a piping bag for kids to add themselves. Canned whipped cream melts quickly and doesn't taste as good. You can make this in advance.
- If you're milkshake is too thin and watery, simply add more ice cream or mix-ins to thicken it up.
- Chill your milkshake glasses to keep them nice and cold.