Cereal Milk Overnight Oats
Recipe by Grace M Delaine.
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups cereal of choice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup prepared cereal milk
- Additional cereal for topping
For Cereal Milk:
- In a large bowl, pour milk onto cereal and stir well. Let steep for 20-30 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve mesh, collecting the milk in a bowl. Once the initial milk drains through quickly, use the back of a spoon to gently press the cereal to release more milk. Discard the cereal and store the milk in the fridge for future use.
For the Overnight Oats:
Add all ingredients except cereal to a jar or container and give it a good stir. Divide evenly into 2 containers. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours. Overnight oats will keep for up to 3 days.
In the morning, add additional milk if you'd like. Once you achieve the desired consistency, top with fruit, nut butter, and/or additional cereal.