Cheesy Skillet Breakfast Casserole
Start your day with a delicious Cheesy Skillet Breakfast Casserole breakfast originally created by Chef Chris Valdes.
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 small red bell pepper, medium dice
- 1 medium onion, medium dice
- 1/2 pound of tavern ham, medium dice
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees
- Heat a medium size, oven-safe skillet (like cast iron) to medium heat. Drizzle the pan with olive oil and add the onions, peppers, ham and sauté for about 4 - 6 minutes or until the veggies are translucent.
- In a bowl, add the eggs and cream and whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan.
- Transition the pan from the cook top to the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Top the eggs with the cheese and cook for about 5 more minutes or until eggs are firm and the cheese is melted.