French Toast Ravioli
Recipe by Livin Mod.
- 4 slices whole wheat or oat bread
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 apple
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup light maple syrup
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Lay bread slices flat gently rolling them out with a roller or a glass. Trim off the crust and cut into fourths.
- Cut apple into small pieces. In a bowl, combine the apples and almond butter. Place apple filling in center of bread squares.
- Top with bread and seal the edges with a fork to form the ravioli. Preheat a nonstick pan on low to medium heat.
- Prepare the French toast batter by mixing the milk, cinnamon, and egg
- Dip ravioli in batter coating the bread well. Cook the raviolis until they golden on both sides, around 2-3 minutes per side.
- Top with maple syrup, garnish with desired fruits and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Notes: You can use bananas or other fruit as the filling.