Spanish Omelet Featuring Latin Cheeses
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cream (or half and half)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs cooked, crumbled chorizo sausage
- ¼ cup Oaxaca cheese, diced (found in Latin supermarkets) *mozzarella may be substituted
- ¼ cup Queso Fresco (crumbled) *feta may be substituted
- 1 tbs canned diced green chilies (drained from can)
- Fresh chopped tomatoes and cilantro for garnish
- Break the eggs in a bowl, add cream and beat until incorporated.
- Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium high.
- Pour the eggs in, swirling the pan to spread eggs evenly.
- Sprinkle the sausage, green chilies, and cheese evenly over the eggs.
- Allow to cook 4-7 minutes or until a spatula can easily slide under eggs.
- Gently slide spatula under eggs, and flip one half over, forming a half circle.
- Allow to cook 3-4 more minutes and slide onto a serving plate.
- Garnish with Queso Fresco, chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
**note: Due to the sodium content of the chorizo and Queso fresco salt has been refrained in this recipe. Salt may be added to taste.