Salted Caramel Milkshakes
- 16 ounces low fat milk
- 1 cup low fat vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup caramel sauce * (recipe follows)
- 1 (11 ounce) bag of caramels, unwrapped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Whipped cream, to garnish
For the caramel sauce:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine one bag of caramels along with ½ cup heavy cream.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until caramels melt and sauce is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt.
- Allow to cool slightly and pour into a heatproof container.
- Makes one cup
For the milkshakes:
- In a blender, combine the milk, ice cream and caramel sauce
- Blend to combine
- Pour into chilled glasses and top with whipped cream and additional caramel sauce, to garnish