Baked Carrot Cake Donuts
These delicious baked donuts are so tasty they'll dissapear before you know it! Recipe is written and created by Cristy Steward-Harfmann. See this recipe and more at her blog Happy Family Blog.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk I used Florida Dairy
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups large carrots peeled, shredded and chopped about 2 carrots
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch nutmeg
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature 1/2 package
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and grease your donut pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together butter and oil.
- Then add sugar and whisk until combined.
- Then add milk, eggs, vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Stir in carrots.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg and stir until combined.
- Pipe batter into prepared pans, about 3/4 full. Don't have a pipping bag simply put the batter into a large zip lock bag and cut a small hole in the bag.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth with a hand blender. At first it may not look like it is coming together, but give it time it will
- Once the donuts are cooled spread onto each donut. You can add other toppings if you would like.
- Serve with a glass of milk!