Baked Unicorn Donuts
Recipe by Bianca Dottin
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, whip together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Blend in vanilla and buttermilk.
- Gradually add flour.
- Scrape down sides to ensure that the batter is evenly combined.
- Pour batter into a large piping bag.
- Pipe batter into greased mini donut pan, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until toothpick inserted into donuts comes out clean.
- white chocolate candy melts
- food coloring (pink, purple)
- silver pearl dust
- Using the entire bag, follow instructions on the bowl to melt your candy melts in a large mixing bowl.
- Divide the melted candy into 3 small bowls.
- Pour the pink and purple food coloring into its own bowl and mix with the candy melts.
- Dip the donuts into melted white chocolate.
- Drizzle the purple and pink melted chocolate onto donuts in a streak pattern.
- Sprinkle the silver pearl dust sparingly onto the donuts.
Serve and enjoy!
For more delicious recipes by Bianca visit her website.