Bourbon-Scented Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon bourbon or bourbon syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- If the first batch goes flat on the baking pan, stir in a tablespoon, or so, of flour (for a more cake-like cookie) along with 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda (for puff up) into the dough.
- For crispy cookies with a soft center, use 1/4 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
- To get cookies to look and taste like store bought, use half butter and half solid shortening. Then freeze dough 1 hour before baking. This solidifies the fat, which will spread less while baking. Also, portion on to baking pans with a cookie scoop, this will create consistently round cookies.