- 1 refrigerated piecrust
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 cup low fat or whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- Nutmeg to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Line a 9” tart pan with crust, prick all over with a fork and bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the eggnog and milk until small bubbles appear at the surface.
- Remove from heat and add ¼ cup of the hot mixture to the eggs, mixing constantly.
- Slowly add the remaining liquid, mixing constantly until both liquids are incorporated.
- Stir in the rum flavoring and pour into prebaked tart shell.
- Reduce oven to 325 and bake for 35-40 minutes, until custard is just set.
- Allow to cool 2 hours before slicing.
- Garnish with fresh grated nutmeg.