Island Dream No Churn Ice Cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch fine salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups condensed milk (homemade or store bought)
For the condensed milk:
- 2 cups full fat milk
- 2/3 cups white sugar
For mix-ins and toppings:
- 1 large chunk of pineapple, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of toasted coconut flakes
- cherries for garnish
- 2 key limes
Step 1: For the condensed milk:
- Add the milk and sugar into a small saucepan. Keep on low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Once the sugar has dissolved, bring the mix to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Do not stir once the mix starts to simmer. Simmer for roughly 40 minutes, or until the milk has darkened to a creamy color. Remove any excess foam.
- After 40 minutes, remove the mixture from the heat and pour into a jar to cool. Let the condensed milk cool completely before putting on lid. Place in fridge for approx 30-45 minutes until fully cooled.
Step 2: for the ice cream:
- Whisk together the condensed milk, vanilla and salt in a large bowl and add the heavy whipping cream.
- Once fully mixed, fold in the pineapple chunks and toasted coconut. (You can toast the coconut flakes by putting in microwave for 30 second increments. For this recipe I did 90 seconds).
- Place in plastic container and put in the freezer for 2-3 hours until thick and creamy.
- Remove after that time and mix.
- Place back in freezer for an additional 2 hours.
- Serve with toppings!