Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
Recipe written and created by Chef Chris Valdes.
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Using an 8x8 inch square cake pan, spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine sugar, water, and roughly chopped chocolate. In the microwave, heat the mixture until the chocolate has melted, about 2 minutes. Allow to chill for a few minutes.
- Into the cooled chocolate mixture, whisk in the eggs, vanilla, and melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Into the batter, using a mini scoop, scoop in 3/4 cup of peanut butter leaving big streaks throughout. Swirl the peanut butter. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is fully cooked. Serve warm with a cold glass of fresh Florida milk!