Pistachio Snowball Cookies
Recipe by Bold with Butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups pistachios, very finely chopped
- Pinch of salt*
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line baking sheet pan with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or in large bowl with a hand mixer, beat sugar and butter together on medium high speed until creamy and pale in color, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract, mix to combine. Add flour, pistachios, and salt; mix until just combined.
- Shape tablespoons of dough into rounded balls and place on prepared baking sheets, about 1-inch apart. Bake until cookies just begin to turn golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Let cookies sit on pan until cool enough to touch but still warm, then roll in powdered sugar. Let cool completely and then roll in powdered sugar again.*
* If you use salted pistachios, omit salt in the cookies.