Recipe by Bold with Butter
Yield: 1 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups pistachios, very finely chopped
- Pinch of salt*
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325?F. Line baking sheet pan with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or in large bowl with hand mixer, beat sugar and butter together on medium high speed until creamy and pale in color, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract, mix to combine. Add flour, pistachios and salt; mix until just combined.
- Shape tablespoons of dough into rounded balls and place on prepared baking sheets, about 1-inch apart. Bake until cookies just begin to turn golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Let cookies sit on pan until cool enough to touch but still warm, then roll in powdered sugar. Let cool completely and then roll in powdered sugar again.
*If you use salted pistachios, omit salt in the cookies.