- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons spiced rum
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Powdered sugar for coating cookies
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Combine butter, confectioner's sugar, rum, salt, and cinnamon with an electric mixture until light and fluffy. Add flour, rosemary, and nuts, mixing on low until just combined.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until golden. They are ready with the bottoms are golden.
- While hot from the oven, immediately toss cookies in powdered sugar. Then let cookies cool on a wire rack 5 minutes. Toss again in powdered sugar, then let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Soft butter blends better. Incorporating hard, chilled butter overworks the batter.
- Check cookies and bars at the minimum bake time, baking longer if needed.
- Using a flat, thin metal spatula, remove cookies from the baking sheet and cool as directed.