Santa’s No-Bake Thin Mints
Everyone needs at least 10 no-bake dessert recipes. These quick and easy preparations can be lifesavers when you forget you were supposed to sends treats to school, church or the office. Santa’s No-Bake Thin Mints is an easy variation on the Williams-Sonoma Peppermint Bark Cookies theme – and it’s a keeper. With just four ingredients, the result packs just as much wow factor as a pricey gourmet store find. Melting white chocolate in the microwave is the only “cooking” involved. You can melt the chocolate on the stove top in a double broiler, but this is an instance where the microwave is an expedient tool.
- 1 (12-ounce) package good quality white chocolate morsels, melts or bark
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 (9-ounce) package chocolate wafer cookies
- 8 candy canes, crushed (or the equivalent of Starlight mints)
- Pour the white chocolate into a small microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals stirring after each cycle. Once the chocolate is melted, stir in the peppermint extract.
- Dip the top of the wafer cookies in the chocolate to coat and set on a wire rack. Sprinkle with the candy canes and allow the cookies to cool until the chocolate is set.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.